Greetings! We like to find fun ways to say thank you to our readers for coming around. One way we do this is to run annual year-long contests.
I’m happy to announce the “I can’t tell you what it is or what you’re going to get but it’s better than the laptop bag” Contest!
What’s this all about? I can’t tell you… I thought I made that clear… Finding out what the prize is and how to claim it is all part of the fun. I will tell you that the clues are given every Sunday and that you can find the first three clues here, here and here. I will do my best to answer any questions you have (as long as they are in the spirit of the competition), and will even provide significant tools in solving the puzzles if you ask for them properly.
A few bonus clues to help you along:
- Graph paper is your friend
- It’s a sequential construction
- The code is meant to be solvable — Don’t read too much into it
- It’s vitally important to know when you’re solving the puzzle segments
- It will not be possible to fully solve the puzzle until the entire competition has been run, but individual clues can always be solved.
- You can join the contest at any time as there are no points awarded along the way. This is winner takes all!
And with that I will leave you all to it. I’ve really been enjoying the responses I’ve received via email so far. As of March 11, 2010, NOBODY HAS COME CLOSE TO A SOLUTION, so I don’t see any reason that it can’t be you that finds it!
The Year Two Scavenger Hunt!
During our second year on the web, we ran a weekly scavenger hunt for a Crumpler laptop bag. That contest has now ended, and as you can see below, the winner was very pleased with his prize. Thanks Daniel for coming around so often!
This is actually the second contest that Daniel has won just proving that their are schwag opportunities out there for people who pay attention to details!